Thursday, July 19, 2012

An Exciting Fresh Start!

Monday is the day! I'll finally get to set up my new room. The first grade team...all NINE of us in fact...are so anxious to get this new year started. We met earlier this week to get a jump start on planning for the first week of school since next week will most likely be dedicated to moving and room set up. We had to "camp out" at Panera Bread for the meeting since the school wasn't ready yet.  In fact, move in day will be the first time any of us will step foot into the school. I have visited the construction site several times since I found out where my new school would be.



Progress! They paved! Woo Hoo!

I'm sure there will be lots of U-Hauls and trucks outside the building on Monday since we have a faculty of around fifty teachers that will all be trying to move in boxes at once! I have a feeling I might have flashbacks of Freshman move in day in college. I found this little guy in the Dollar Bin at Target for $2.50 so I bought five of them!


I'm thinking they will find a home in my classroom library, but we will see! Come back to check out how my classroom is coming together. I'll be posting pictures from start to finish!

4 comments:

  1. Those owl rugs are precious! :)
    TeachPrayLove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower. I am nominating you for the Liebster Blog Award! Hop on over to my blog sometime to check out the rules.

    I hope you are enjoying your brand new school!!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the school is fine! It really looks like a school campus with those different colors of their buildings. I can’t wait to hear from you again. I’m very much interested with your new adventures and challenges. I wish you all the best and success! Just be yourself and you’ll never go wrong! God Bless!

    Doctoral Programs by Lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is adorable! I'm glad I stopped by!
    -Christa
    Learnin' Books

    ReplyDelete