Rowdy in First Grade is having a Linky Party to share all the different things teachers have learn over the years. Though I'd get back in on the fun! A year and a half of teaching has taught me lots, but there is still more to learn.
1. It takes a LOT of work, love, and effort to be a good teacher. Lots of people don't understand the FULL extent of this.
2. For some children you really are the sunshine in their life.
3. Organization is KEY!
4. Bulletin boards can be very time consuming, but end up looking very cute
5. No matter how much you clean, disinfect, take vitamins, use hand sanitizer, and wash your hands you will still end up being sick at least once.
6. Don't waiver on the things you say to the students.
7. Try to be AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE when giving directions! Showing examples of what their work should and should not look like is helpful too.
8. I can't wait to teach again next year and make some modifications. Reflecting on your practice helps you and the kiddos.
9. Going back to school for a Master's Degree would be a great thing to do sooner than later! I'm really leaning towards a degree in Special Education next.
10. LIVE LIFE, LAUGH, and LOVE TEACHING :-)