Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day on THE Hill

My first "official" day of Spring Break was spent on Capitol Hill at TCCY's Children's Advocacy Day. I got a chance to do a little networking with the people who help advocate and make policies concerning children and education in the state. During a break in the meeting I found out that there were union protestors out in the plaza, so I had to go check it out for myself. We have some BIG things going on with the legislature and teacher's unions right now. This is what I saw...

I had never been to a political rally, or well any rally for that matter. I was only there for about 10 minutes as it was ending and kinda stood back from the real crowd, then went back in to the meeting. Later, I met up with one of my college buddies/teacher girlfriends for dinner and some chit chat. Spring Break: Day 1 = Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment